Welcome to Groom Webserver homepage
Wiki Table Of Contents
- #Presentation: Presentation of Groom Webserver
- Releases: Our download page
- Configuration: Learn how to configure and run Groom
- Customize: Learn how to write your own data handlers
- Licensing: Information about licensing aspects and embedded content
What's this ?
Groom is a full Java lightweight webserver.
It has been written in pure Java 1.4 by using only standard packages and can thus run with Sun JRE but also with the GNU Classpath on a great number of plateforms that support java.
The base idea for Groom was to provide a simple and (very) easy-to-deploy webserver for tests, development, diagnostic or personnal usage.
- Can run with a very low amount of memory/CPU (e.g. as an embedded server): it's only 71kb !
- Can serve several clients in parallel (multithreaded)
- Supports both HTTP (standard) and HTTPS (secured, encrypted) protocols
- Can be coupled with PHP and CGI scripts, monitored by watchdog timers
- Self contained: does not required any external library
- HTTP implementation not 100% complete (but good enough for common use)
- It's Java darling ! Do not expect Groom to behave like a Ferrari...
- Not mature for production usage
- Only BASIC auth mode is supported (DIGEST not implemented)